Currently, Lucille is writing a book for Abingdon Press to be released in 2013. Her book and her talks include information, benefits, strategies, and inspiring stories to help women integrate self-care into each day.
Women, especially Christian women, have a difficult time balancing the needs of others with the need to nurture themselves. The demands of mothering, homemaking, work, and carrying out Jesus’ command to love others can leave women exhausted, sick and resentful. Lucille offers women biblical and psychological permission to do self-care.
Just like when the flight attendant tells people to put their own oxygen mask on before assisting others, there are times when a woman can and should put herself first. Lucille offers practical and easy ways that a woman can nurture her time, her soul, her creativity, and her body, so that she has greater passion and energy to serve others.
Christian women yearn to give themselves permission to step off the treadmill, take time to do the things that give them passion, and to nurture themselves, but many Christian women feel guilty doing anything that might look selfish and self-indulgent.
- They don’t know how to set boundaries with others in order to protect their time and energy.
- They don’t know how to say “no,” so they say, “yes” to everything.
- They feel it would be unspiritual to look after their own needs before serving everyone else.
Lucille makes the case that self-care is biblical; even Jesus didn’t heal everyone, he would not perform miracles on demand, and he rested far away from the crowds. Lucille’s message does not negate the command to serve others. Instead her message helps women:
- Understand how and why they need to put themselves on “the list.”
- Recognize their strengths and their passions, so that they can nurture those areas of their lives and use them better for God’s glory.
- Gain permission to examine where they put their energy and time, and learn to set limits
- Weed through the garden that is their lives and protect their own spiritual, physical, and emotional health.
Lucille can cater her talk to any one or several of these topics:
Physical Self Care
Emotional Self Care
Spiritual Self Care
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with me prior to your event, so I can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A quick follow-up communication after the event, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)